Christopher K. Miller
Telephone: (303) 296-7300
Chris Miller is an experienced trial lawyer with a proven track record of success. Chris has been trying complex civil cases with extensive damage allegations for over twenty-four years. In 2016 Chris was voted one of the Top 100 lawyers in Colorado by Colorado Super Lawyers’ nomination, research, and blue ribbon review process. In addition, Chris has repeatedly been voted by his peers for inclusion in the exclusive Best Lawyers in America and Colorado Super Lawyers (limited to 5% of Colorado’s attorneys). Chris has been featured in Law Week Colorado for his jury trial success.
Chris has amassed an impressive courtroom track record. He has obtained numerous defense verdicts in multi-week complex jury trials with millions of dollars in damages at stake. Chris has repeatedly obtained jury defense verdicts against some of Colorado’s most successful and well-respected plaintiff’s lawyers. He was active in the courtroom from the beginning of his career; while still in law school Chris co-tried a sexual harassment case against a Police Department, resulting in a verdict for his client. Chris has successfully litigated claims on behalf of corporate clients as well, including obtaining a jury verdict in excess of $1 million for a product manufacturer against ABC National News.
Chris’s substantial experience defending health care providers has given him an in-depth understanding and ability to litigate complex medical issues. These skills are invaluable in all types of cases involving personal injury claims. Chris represents health care providers and other professionals, insurance carriers, individuals and businesses in both complex and simple civil disputes. Chris is skilled at helping his clients navigate the litigation process as painlessly as possible. He thoroughly investigates cases at the outset and works closely with his clients to help formulate and implement a plan for a just and efficient resolution. Examples of Chris’ trial success include:
- Tried over twenty-five cases in his career.
- Defended an ob/gyn in a claim of alleged discriminatory denial of infertility care on the basis of blindness. The case generated national press coverage on an issue of legal precedence and resulted in a defense jury verdict for Chris’s client.
- Successfully tried sixteen medical malpractice cases in the last eleven years against some of the most highly respected and successful plaintiff’s attorneys, resulting in defense judgments in all but one case. Cases included claims for alleged errors in: surgical performance; informed consent; diagnosis in the emergency department, hospital and office setting; and management of labor and delivery resulting in catastrophic birth injury.
- Co-tried a defamation claim by a product manufacturer against ABC National News, obtaining a verdict in excess of $1 million for his client.
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
Awards and Recognition
- 5280’s Top Lawyers, 2017
- Colorado Super Lawyers, Top 100 Attorneys, 2016
- Colorado Super Lawyers, Medical Malpractice Defense, 2011-2018
- Best Lawyers in America, Medical Malpractice Law – Defense, 2013-2019
- American Society of Legal Advocates, Selected Top 100 Colorado Litigation Attorneys, 2018
- AV Peer Review “Preeminent” Rating, Highest Possible Rating in both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards by LexisNexis / Martindale-Hubbell
- High Distinction, University of Iowa College of Law
- Member, Judicial Performance Commission for the First Judicial District, 2017-present
- Denver Rescue Mission
- Law Line 9 Volunteer
- Habitat for Humanity
- Big Brothers
- Junior Achievement
- Mile High United Way
- Curbside Consultations and the Good Samaritan Statute: Legal Analysis, The Children’s Hospital Colorado, 2016.
- The Medical Malpractice Trial Seminar, Copic Insurance Company, 2008-2013
- FMLA Medical Certification: What’s Allowed, What’s Not, and How to Stay Proactive and Compliant, Business & Legal Reports National Audio Conference, 2008
- Risk Management and Litigation Update, Metro Denver Anesthesia, Aurora, CO, 2008
- Opening Statements and Closing Arguments, A Colorado Primer CLE, Denver City Attorney’s Office, 2008
- Management of Medical Records in Colorado, Lorman Educational Services, 2006
- The Medical Malpractice Trial Seminar, Copic Insurance Company, 2006
- Medical Records Law in Colorado, Lorman Educational Services, 2005