Paul E. Scott M.D., J.D.
Telephone: (303) 296-7300
Dr. Scott’s practice has focused on medical liability defense and risk management since 1977. He has been of counsel to the firm since 1987. His education includes Colgate University (BA chemistry 1968, Phi Beta Kappa, cum laude, honors chemistry)), University of Pittsburgh (MD 1972, Alpha Omega Alpha), University of Colorado (residency 1972-74, surgery and anatomic pathology), University of Denver (JD 1977, Order of St. Ives).
He teaches regarding “Medicine for Attorneys,” litigation practice and tactics, and deposition of expert witnesses, and has been faculty at the University of Colorado School of Medicine and the University of Denver College of Law.
After trying cases defending physicians for more than 25 years, Dr. Scott is primarily involved in consulting and teaching. He has been elected to “Colorado Super Lawyers” every year since its inception.
Dr Scott is frequently engaged by insurers and defense counsel to assist in preparation of medical professional defendants for deposition or trial testimony in significant cases, and for early analysis of medical litigation issues and planning defense approaches.
- Malignancy Litigation Issues: Concepts to Causation, DRI national web teleconference seminar, January 8, 2008
- Defendant Physician Deposition Preparation, DRI For the Defense, November 2008
- Cross Examination of the Difficult Medical Expert Witness,DRI Medical Liability Seminar (2005 Dan Diego, CA)
- Concepts Behind Economic Value and Structured Settlements, DRI Medical Liability Seminars (2006 Phoenix, AZ)
Awards and Recognition
- Colorado Super Lawyers (2006-2018)
- Denver Top Lawyers (2017)
- MH Rating AV Preeminent 20 years (1997-2017)